Subject: Re: GVP 040 Probs?
From: [email-masked] (David Ingebretsen)
Date: 22 Nov 1994 02:25:39 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Samuel Crider ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Anybody else have problems running LW 3.5 on a GVP 040?
: System in question is an A2000 with a (pretty old) Toaster 2000. 12 MB
: of RAM. Students are reporting a lot of crashes. I recall hearing complaints
: about the GVP 040 but at the time I didn't have one to worry about and
: so didn't pay much attention -- to my current regret...

I have an 

A2000, 
rev 6.2 motherboard, 
33Mhz GVP 040 combo, 
16 Meg fast, 
2 Meg chip (with DKB MegaChip 2000), 
running DOS 2.1, 
Toaster 4000 hardware, 
LightWave 3.5.

I have had modeller hang my system on occasion, but have found LightWave 
to be very stable. the obvious question is do you have any "funny" 
commodities, or other tasks that run in the background? The Toaster hates 
blankers, but I'm sure you knew that.

I run Pegger, and the PAR software in the background and have had no 
problems.

-- 
David

David M. Ingebretsen             *** Binary Illusions / 3D Physics ***
[email-masked]   ***       Animation and more      ***